Thursday 7 February 2013

Behaviour chart

First few days into school and things are running smoothly. I am loving the balance of personalities in my class and the uniqueness that each student brings to the table.

Over the last few days I've been busily trying to get around and finish those little jobs that need doing. Today I finally finished off the behaviour chart in my room.

My behaviour chart has three levels- 1,2 and 3. If students make the wrong choices they move up this chart by finding their picture and sticking their picture on the level applicable. The thing I like about this is it is making students remove themselves from the situation they were in to choose out their picture and place it on the display. This gives students time to think and make a better choice.

I have used this process over the last few years but I wanted to add a more positive behaviour spin on it. Therefore I have added another element to the display which says "star performer". If I find a student working hard and making good choices then their picture can be placed on this to reinforce good behaviour.

To make my display I use Velcro dots on the display and the back of the photos to make the photos of students stick to the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment